Monday 30 April 2012

Time of The Year

For those who know me would actually know very well that I work only on the very last minute. It's quite a rare occasion that I get things done earlier, especially true if it involves money going out of my wallet. 
For those who are working, this is the time of the year when you fret the most, seeing your hard earned money getting wasted being sucked out as tax. See, I don't mind paying taxes if I knew that my money was put to good used. But instead, in this forsaken country, the money only gets squandered by the cronies of those in power and it rarely makes its way to for any good cause. Hence my unhappiness to pay taxes.

So anyways, I was talking with him (I so need to get him a public domain friendly name) earlier via whatsapp just checking on how his headache was subsiding after spending an afternoon with me. I wonder what impression he has on me know after having this for a conversation.

try to get some rest early if you can. you had a long day
you too had a long day. you should sleep earlier than me cause you slept late last night and need to travel tomorrow (so understanding - damn happy. he knew I got home close to five in the morning and only had very minimal sleep)
i got reserve energy..lolz. need to do my tax form, then sleep d
haha. you still haven't do ah? i remember that day i remind you like two weeks ago (brownie gone...)
no ler...i totally forgot about it until earlier when my friend ask. if i need to pay money ti the govt, i can easily forget...lolz

That just ended there, I wonder what's installed for me as there are certain things that I'm supposed to do and I have yet to do it and he has already asked me a few times. :(

This was still okay, I then met PurpleTurtle online and this is how it went

how you doing today rugrat?
reality hit.need to do my tax - dammit
hahaha.you get the form last week and haven't done anything?
where got last two weeks, the other day only what.
hahaha, no wonder you so stressed to finish it. just started to do it?
setting up the printer to print the form. hopefully my printer got ink. i never use it dunno how many years already..lolz
shit. you just gonna start PRINT it????????????

I'm so happy it was only question marks and not exclamation marks..LOLz

As I was filling the form after printing it, I got a call from my brother

where are you?
at home - doing my tax returns
you still haven't done it? you've been talking about it ever since
yea i know..and you have been dragging me out every night. where got time?
when is it due?
tomorrow
.... ( I so wished I had seen the look on his face - it would have a been epic)

It's finally done and I'm happy I can get some money in return. However, I'm still sad that I have to pay tax.

And, let's hope that next year would be a better year where I'll get my form done much earlier, though I doubt it. :)



2 comments:

  1. sigh, tax, mine from last year was overdue, need an accountant to sort it out for me and this is only two months away from this year tax, grrr... at least I have two people helping me out to claim it back this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yea..june 30th right? i still rmbr those aussies chasing me for their tax invoices.get a good accountant n keep a lawyer handy too. nvr intro them to your other half, always becomes handy for future reference :P

    ReplyDelete