Monday 16 April 2012

Rejection

The fear of being rejected is something that no one can deny. I know many who dare not even confess their feelings for someone just because of the fear of being rejected. But what I don't get is, though understandable, why are people afraid of getting things out in the open and moving on?

It's fine to be down for a while when you get rejected by someone that you have some kind of feelings for, but if the other person doesn't feel the same way - so be it. It's his loss that he has missed such a great opportunity to not be able to feel and return your love, it is never yours.

Pick up the pieces and move on. 

I do not deny but I'm also guilty here. When things didn't work out between Jace and me, I secluded and isolated myself for a very long time being away from any sort of relationship. I used to be colder than ice to anyone, especially if I knew the person had some kind of feelings for me. 
But why did I do it? I don't know. 
Now that I think back, I just feel so stupid as I may have miss some great guys that came along the way.

I'm getting out of my freezer, going out there and waltzing into someone's life as all my achievement thus far is meaningless if I don't have anyone to share it with.

After all, if I were to find the right person easily, I would not appreciate him when I do finally meet him. It has to be a search after many obstacles as only then I'd truly value his presence. This is human nature, anything easily obtained is never appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. I am scared of telling because i know that crucial moment.. I could lose the person.. I dont have the highest esteem and i am very easily shattered and broken.. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need to respect and be proud of yourself, then you'd not have your esteem problem. anyone who says anything negative about you is merely out of jealousy only cause they wish they had as much as you but unfortunately, they don't. once you have this resolved, the rest are non-existent.

      Delete
  2. sometimes, certain things are better left unsaid..not every confession will end well..but getting the confirmation of whether to keep hoping or not is really crucial too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true..certain things are better left unsaid. but matters of the heart is best spoken for you know you may have missed the person you always wanted just because you were too afraid. and thats a real waste

      Delete
  3. I secluded myself too, but come to think of it I was just protecting my fragile heart. Picking up the shattered pieces and glue them together, I wasn't ready to give it to the next person, what if the next person gonna shattered my not fully recovered broken heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing too after Jace. like i said, its only natural to feel sad when you're no longer with the person you love, but its wiser to man up and move on. there isn't a pause button in life :)

      also, knowing you since i know you, im sure you believe in the law of attraction, so why the doubt?

      Delete
  4. at most of the situations, we always take the aftermath too seriously, especially gays, where some might just lose friendships along the way. But come to think of it, you have been living well even before the person comes, isn't it? so maybe the heart is broken by then, let yourself drift through the waves, eventually when you meet the next one, you will have forgotten the one that broke your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro, its not only among the gay community, even straight people have the same issue :)
      but you are right, just drift and hold on to the next one and by then, its all over

      Delete