Wednesday 18 April 2012

Desperation

Desperate times call for desperate measures

This semester has been going on a super charged mode, not from me sadly. The lecturers I got are super charged individuals, that they are throwing out assignments on a weekly basis. Having two papers with two assignments due each week is really taxing. I'm running at a stage where I'm only doing last minute work for my assignments as my work is pretty demanding as well and that I'm still in the adaptation phase. Like today for example, I had to sit in for five meetings and chaired 3 of it. That is really demanding as all three were not inter related and I had to present things that were almost alien to me. I guess this is the price you pay for being a dare devil.

Anyways, I'm supposed to have my mid term next week for both my papers. It was just driving me crazy seeing my schedule as I'd be travelling and that I have more assignments to complete and also prepare for two papers. One isn't as bad compared to the other as I've got a pretty decent statistics background. But after looking at the craziness that installed for me I told myself that the only way I can sustain myself is if I could successfully convince my lecturer to postpone the test for one of the subjects as that would give me some breathing space. 
And that is exactly what I did. I got myself some time now as I managed to talk him into delaying by a couple of weeks. 

Short term goal - success. 
Shorter term goal - in progress. I should get back to completing my assignment which I'm still clueless since yesterday. 

Grrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment