Monday 9 April 2012

Pleasant Surprise

I got a call from my sister earlier this afternoon saying that she wants to come over to my place for dinner. The call from her itself was a surprise as I don't normally expect to hear from her whenever she is back at my mother's place during the holidays. Glad, I told her okay and we'll do a take-in for dinner so we could spend more time at home and catch up. 
It was a good thing that I actually ran away from my grandmother's place yesterday to get some space from my brother who has been taking up all my time which has disabled me from ranting for such a long time that I've had so much pent up in me.

We were supposed to initially meet at my place at seven but since I was running late at work I told her to come later. That's when she told me that she wont be coming alone but instead with someone whom I'd for sure not want to miss seeing.
Sensing who would she be bringing, I hurried home after work to give my place a quick tidy up since I've not been home for almost three weeks now and knew that I have to order Domino's for dinner. 
Ordering was a bit of a drama as my coupons couldn't work and I had to call to their call center and we all know how things would normally end when calling call centers.

I ordered his favourite pepperoni pizza and drummets and was eagerly waiting for my sister calling me asking to    fetch her up from the security post. And, as I was expecting, her call came the same time the delivery guy called me to get him access to my unit as well for the delivery. And living in Penang, I no longer get plastic bags with almost everything I buy -not complaining though, despite the certain inconveniences- so there was no way I could take delivery of dinner of the lobby of my place, but instead had to walk the dude back to my unit and take delivery.
As I was going to the guard post to allow my sister to drive in, I saw my Bella again after a long while. Boy, did I miss her! She still look so subtly pretty yet aggressive when needed. 
The bigger joy came from seeing my Snoopster in the car. The look of anticipation and sheer innocence in his face got me tearing instantly. I miss my boo so much that no words can express how I felt when I saw him sitting in the front seat and looking out the window with the tilt of his head looking at me. The look on his face was indeed priceless.

After such a long period of time, I was again having dinner with him - feeding him, watching him sit on a seat and eat off a plate from the table and occasionally stealing something from my plate whenever I pretended to not look at him. Ice cream after dinner brought even more tears of joy to me as it reminded me of the days when I was still staying at my parents and how we'd use to dig into whatever ice cream that could be found at home in the middle of the night.

Shortly after a long dinner, my sister wanted to take leave else my mother would become a bitch about the whole thing. As all good things must come to an end, I had to say goodbye to my Snoopster and gave him a tight hug. 
There was so much I wanted to say to him and spend more time with him but I know it's something I would need to put in more effort to. There is so much in me that I want to express out now, but I just can't as I can't control the tears rolling. 
As I'm typing this, the only thing that is running in my head besides missing him is the number from Whitney Houston from the movie The Bodyguard entitled I Will Always Love you


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hey Chinese Prick, thanks for dropping by :)
      who is intoxicatingly sweet? me or whitney?? lolz :P

      Delete