Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sober

Seven nights of drinking, partying and having fun in a row is just a little bit on the upper part of the scale for me. Going home around four in the morning daily and having to wake up again around ten was just too much to handle during the last four days and making it to work the days before was equally a challenge. 

Since I'm going back to work again tomorrow, I decided and told myself that I'll retain sober tonight and not go out anywhere; just have some me time alone and chill. It was all looking well in place until my dad called me in the early evening asking if I was free for dinner. Knowing how long has it been since I met him and to prevent the feel of him thinking I'm avoiding him, not that I am, but it's more like a conditional avoidance - if it makes any logic sense. 

Anyways, I agreed to join him for dinner and told him that I'm not picking the venue as we always have issues with the places I pick. Simplified, I love eating by the streets while my dad think that a dinner should be somewhere you can have a conversation. I guess it's a businessmen mentality. 
Dinner was so awkwardly silent as I was trying very hard to not fall for his traps. All in all, a two hour dinner just had like three minutes of conversation.

How's work?
I'm surviving. Same old.....nothing unusual
Good..studies?
Awaiting results. Should be out sometime in February
Okay...dating?
On and off..u know
Anyone in particular?
Nope..not currently. But there is someone that I think I'm beginning to like...
That's good..I'm listening..
Nah, too soon..don't keep your hopes high. I don't have any myself that it'll work out
But..
Food's here, I'm starved. Would you mind?

And that's all the conversation we ever had. Just told him thanks for the dinner after eating and took leave. To be honest, I see him about twice, maybe thrice a year at the most, that I don't even know what to talk about. I can't  and wouldn't ask him anything about his business as he'll then try to steer me into joining him. Anything else and we normally end up arguing as I don't see things from his perspective and neither does he understand my direction.

Dinner was my sole event for the day other than being sober. Somehow, I miss the feeling of being mildly intoxicated. Ah, what the heck, I'm going to treat myself to the bottle of Bourbon that has been there for a while now. Afterall, a one day break wouldn't do much help and through my logic - after a week of my liver working overtime, a break today and hard work again tomorrow onwards would only subject it to shock. Better to keep the pace steady.LOLz!

5 comments:

  1. U still managed to bring yourself to meet him, that's good enough ard =)

    U sure not taking a break? later ur liver cant take it when it suddenly had to stop functioning during working day =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. one clue, soul232 is doing medicine... hmmm

    Kev, you shall take a break tho, it's no good for your cash flow as well, hahaha... and you should talk to your dad more often, like calvin's post

    http://strictlygay.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspiring.html?zx=577f8480c1600b4a

    I didn't wanna talk to dad back then as well after what he did when I was still little, but when he sick and passed away, I regret it that I hadn't talk to him as much as I should.

    I only managed to give him my last service, washed and buried him with my own hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soul & malimo: i think you guys got me wrong :(
    i have no issues with my dad, it's just that we hardly meet and i dont know what to talk with him. its been such since forever. he travels a lot for his work and is hardly around. i do travel a fair bit myself and at times, our schedules just dont meet.
    and the conditional avoidance, thats because he wants me to take over the business, but im not interested. i am not the kind of person who takes something established from someone and develops it further; it doesnt excite me doing that. i need to grow new things, build them. and once they are grown, i will let it go before i embark on my new project. this is me and who i am. i guess i apply the same principle to relationships, hence being single..lolz
    my dad is one cool guy. i can literally talk anything under the sun with him and we even go to pubs together for a drink when time permits. the only thing is, im not interested in taking over the business as i want something for myself on my own.whether i achieve it or not, is a different story altogether

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, look like I been making wrong assumption. sorry >.<

      Delete
    2. no worries dude...i prolly wasn't clear myself. ive succumbed to being ambiguous off late.LOLz!

      Delete