Saturday 14 January 2012

The Art of Perfection

As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect, I today, hereby self-proclaim, perfected the art of practicing. Barely a week since almost missing my, morning, flight and injuring myself along the way which got me to the A&E of the hospital, I almost got history repeated again today, well it is now effectively yesterday. I had to fly into Singapore for a day trip and damn, it has to be another morning flight. As usual, I'm always on the dot reaching the airport to not waste precious time, as time, in essence is money. Cleared immigration and then I hear a paging for me over the PA system. Damn, felt like royalty, the whole plane is waiting for you to board in order to roll for a take off. Damn syok!
It's like the tag line for one of the courier companies, On Time, Every Time - can't remember which though.

After my meeting with the client in the Kiasu Land, which by the way was a disaster as for some reason I wasn't in the right frame of mind and thinking sharp enough, I told myself that I'll not take much risk and head back to the airport so that I wont have to rush. Whilst at the airport, I bumped into an old friend and we were catching up. It is so nice to meet someone after such extended periods of time and just talk like we last spoke yesterday. We were both engrossed in the conversation and gossiping, though I personally prefer the term sharing information, that we almost missed our flight again. -.-

Lucky we manage to make it on time just before they closed the boarding gate. Too bad this time, I had to share the moment of glory. What a waste!

On a different note, my last paper is on Monday evening and the building up stress coupled with work pressure is just so great that it seems like I'm heading towards an insanity streak. The weekend has to be spent studying. Let's just hope I'm not late for the paper come this Monday.

3 comments:

  1. malimo forgot to give u wake up call meh? xD Oh well, at least it's better than last time..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huahuahua... no need la... theres this thing called alarm

      Delete
    2. for some weird reason i can sleep through the alarm, but never fail to wake up when the phone rings..

      Delete