Sunday 8 January 2012

The Ideal Partner

I was having lunch with a friend earlier when the question of what would your ideal partner be liked popped out. This is one question that I do normally avoid as I don't normally want to set specific criteria for the person I'd want to be with, but rather accept him for who he is. When I gave my standard off the script reply of 'I don't know, never given it much of a thought as it almost changes on a daily basis with my mood', it did get me pondering on my way back home. What would be the attraction factors and what would be the traits or likes of a partner that would make me feel happy?

After giving it some thought, I did come up with the following as a draft list:
  • I've to be physically attracted to him. As shallow as it may sound, I still hold my stand that physical attraction is as important as emotional attraction.
  • Maturity, not age, is an equally important factor.
  • Intellectual capacity - I need someone whom I can have conversations that would challenge the mind. As I enjoy seeking knowledge, he has to be somewhat similar in nature so we could have meaningful conversation. I can't see myself with a blonde.
  • Travel bug - this is essential. A backpacker would be a bonus but as long as he enjoys travelling, I'm in.
  • Does not restrict me in the things I enjoy doing/collecting/buying.
  • Has to be a tidy person - I can't tolerate a messy environment and I would not complain if he is willing to clean the house daily.
  • Has the need for speed and does not drive at 20 miles per hour.
  • Open minded and non-racist - most important factor & shares the similar vision in life
These would be the things that I will be looking out for in a guy that I'd want to be with. 
Does he exist? Time will tell...

Time to get real and get back to the books, I still have another paper to study for in a week and I've not started at all.

6 comments:

  1. "Has the need for speed and does not drive at 20 miles per hour."

    seriously this one made me laugh hard! hahahaha! good luck in exam! im having two in one go on Tuesday and im only partially done with one of them! argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 and 5 tak jalan for me!! guess no luck liao! hahaha...

    im blonde sekali sekala.. lol

    and what about things you like to do?! maybe you could write a post on that?!?!

    what if you like to have sex with different people, does that mean you still can have it while youre attached? or what if you like to sleep alone?!?! then your bf will have to sleep next door?!?! hahahaha...

    future BLOG POST: things i enjoy doing that my bf will have to accept!!

    trima kasih.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. watson: glad i made you laugh. you will ace your exam; have faith :)

    tuls: i'm also blonde every now and then, but what i meant was a permanent blonde, that is a no go.
    #5 was more referring to stuff like my hobbies or passion or volunteer work, not what you had in mind..lolz. i'll keep in my about your suggestion, maybe someday it'll be up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah, where do I apply? :D, 4,6,7 that's me. I like backpacking, I'm efficient with my packing and storing means no mess, and I always drive above speed limit (unless if I know there's speed camera and police, I will [temporarily] behave)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If fulfill one only, acceptable or not??haha xD out of all points, 7th is the easiest for u to find while 5th would be quite rare ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. malimo: application form eh?? let me give it some thought..lolz. if you're into backpacking and have the need for an adrenaline rush, maybe we could backpack sometime in the future. I agree with you on never driving below speed limits, i mean what were they thinking when they came up with designated speed limits? I'd rather be pushing a supermarket trolley..lolz

    soul232: thanks for dropping by. yea, 7th is like a bonus isn't it? my biggest challenge is 8th, to be honest. i guess its my matter of perception on many things that most can't agree with. so which do you fulfill?? lolz

    ReplyDelete