Monday 9 January 2012

Bruised

I really need to do something about morning flights. Waking up and getting to the airport is no easy task especially when you have to be up before the sun rises. Aargh!

As usual, I'm always late, no, I prefer on the dot, to check in and run to board my plane after clearing immigration. And, it has happened so many times now that the skin on the face has grown thicker to not bother all the stares of the early birds who have already boarded the plane waiting for the last pathetic soul to walk in with his lappy finding for the seat and a sleepy face that looks worse than a bear who just got up after months of hibernating. Anyways, as I was rushing this morning, I do not know how I almost tripped and when off balance, if it can be imagined in slow-mo - it would have been like a scene from Matrix where I was so gracefully falling off my balance and tried to pull a stupid maneuver using my hand to break the fall - and wham, I fucking bruised my arm. It now hurts so bad and the whole area is so raw. Dammit!

Anyways, I'm mentally exhausted that studying doesn't sound appealing at all. Also my favourite roasted goose stall was not open earlier when I painfully wormed my way through to find it. So much for making my way through and the thought that I would be heading back again tomorrow is just so tiring - such two long days it's going to be.

On a very different note, When I was walking out of the airport heading towards the train to get my ride to Kowloon, I saw something that just made me believe that love still does exist. I saw this couple where the guy was waiting for his partner to come. The one waiting was a local while the partner, I'm not sure - either an American or Canadian, was coming out of the terminal. The body language they each carried when meeting their partner was just so nice to look at and the hug was just so filled with passion. You could definitely sense the true feelings they had for each other. And no, I was not staring, they were quite significantly in front of me and I was shocked to see such an act in public in Hong Kong; never witnessed anything of such in all my previous trips there. 
We were riding on the same train and managed to get some pep talk going and the nosy me found out that they were on a long distance relationship and only meets twice a year. It certainly got me thinking of my past and exactly why I truly love being in a long distance relationship. It simply makes the whole relationship more meaningful and you really truly appreciate your partner at every given chance cause you know the importance of time, distance and how special that someone is when you get to meet him for that very limited amount of time. I think this is what keeps the sparks in the relationship alive and gets the bonding closer compared to a normal relationship as you don't take things for granted and you know that you have limited time, so you want to just embrace each other. This, should be the essence to any relationship as everything is finite in this world.

It was a very nice sight this morning, or almost mid-day, to compensate for the bruised arm that still hurts. And, I think I might consider a long distance relationship - it's time to move on anyways, albeit painful.

3 comments:

  1. Awww... that's gotta be hurt. Well, long distance is not for everyone apparently. My ex and I was on long distance. It was OK for domestic flights but as soon as he left to europe for exchange program, things change. He choose to leave me for someone else. Things would have been different if he left me for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disturbing what with ur exam coming..hope it's not the hand u used for writing :)

    On the other note, it's quite rare to find someone that into LDR. U are somewhat unique ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. malimo: I agree, long distance isn't for everyone. I was involved in one, was my best relationship thus far :)

    souls232: I hurt my right arm and i'm not a leftie :( I think the word weird fits me better...lolz

    ReplyDelete