Saturday 30 June 2012

Reunion

30th June was marked in my  calendar for many reasons. From the very initial of spending the day with him and present him the chain to cancelling it for another corporate event to flying to Singapore for the weekend only to be replaced to Vietnam and finally scrapped that for a high school reunion. 

It has been so long since I left high school. So much have happen since and the contact being kept with the classmates became lesser and distant by day. The introduction of Friendster and Facebook did somewhat help to keep people closer, but the anti social me who never signed up for any of those social network crap was just drifting further. Funny enough, some of my best friends that I hang out with are indeed from my high school days.

I was contemplating whether or not to go for the luncheon earlier today. Part of me did not want to meet anyone and have to update what has been going on for the past decade or so. Also, the heat with the haze coupled with kids (the organizers insisted on a kid friendly event) that would be there just gave me shudders.
While I was having dinner with one of my ex classmates last night, she insisted that I go and be her driver for the event. Hesitantly, I agreed after much persuasion and being threaten at the same time.

Started the day early driving around the heritage area finding for some graffiti that's creating a buzz in town which I didn't know of despite staying here - so much for having a life. After roaming the streets in town and walking a lot under the fucking hot sun being looked at like a foreigner in my own place, it was finally time for lunch.

We were among the last few to get to the place, it has to happen with me; can never be early, and as I walked into the banquet hall, I was like, damn, I still manage to hold on to my looks and look young-er. It was such a good feeling to be still looking my age if not younger compared to the rest of them. Getting married and having a family life sure does make a person age faster.
While everyone else looked at least five years older I still look five years younger. Damn syok!

I'm thinking of installing a full length mirror near my bed so that I can look at myself first thing in the morning when I open my eyes. And, it's time to start taking collagen too - time to make a trip to the pharmacy. 
Vain? At least I still look good, that's all that matter.


8 comments:

  1. yeah, vain to the max!!!!!!hahahahaha

    what brand u drink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vain to the max would be having my entire house mirrored...lolz
      what brand are you referring to? i'm lost :S

      Delete
  2. You are making me scared to grow old..
    Wonder if i can keep my youth.. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just take care of yourself. you age depending on your mind. enjoy life according to your age. live life to the fullest and have no regrets :)

      Delete
  3. Go ahead and install a big one... can watch yourself in action as well... cough cough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had actually expected this from you.. :P
      i initially wanted to mirror my ceiling as well, but then was thinking too much of reflection will make me pening to the max..lolz

      Delete
  4. so vaiiiiiiinnnn..... Hahahahahaha
    Can use my mirror leh, it's whole north wall

    :P hihihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..what can i say, i learned from the ultra vain guru who has his entire north wall mirrored. LOLz...

      Delete