Saturday 16 June 2012

Memoirs

Picked up my mail earlier today and the letter box was almost full. I've hardly gone back since my brother came down and it was impossible to go back after he took my house keys. I managed to get my keys back today after a much tensed lunch.

The mail was either junk or just more bills. It was one bill after another from utilities to assessment to subscriptions and the most damaging plastic card you could ever own - the credit card. It reminded of the number from Destinys Child. Gosh, I've really aged.




I opened the envelope which was so thick that it felt almost like a pamphlet in there. The statement itself was six pages and the total amount ; well, I almost fainted.

As always I was going through the transactions made just to ensure there wasn't any unwanted charging and I noticed the amount of times I used my card whenever we went out. 
It isn't about the amount spent that upset-ted me, but the memories of the happy moments being with him then hurt more. 
All the nights out, gift and weekend spent together just flashed back right in front of me once more. I really do miss him and his company, especially on weekends. It was some of the happiest moments thus far for this year. Lucky, I do not get a statement for whatever was charged onto my debit card, else that would be another painful incident. 

I've no idea just yet as to why he waltz into my life. Part of me wants to know, but the other side is fearing for another round of emotional low. 
Whatever it is, I am happy I got to know him. He is really a nice guy and deserves someone better. I just now hope he'll keep to his words and at least just be friends. But that doesn't seem to be in the horizon as well. 
Perhaps he needs his space to wipe me off. I'll just leave it to him to contact me, whenever he is ready. He told me to keep myself available to watch brave once it premiers next week. I don't know if it'll be appropriate to ask him if he still wants to watch it together, as friends I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment