Saturday 16 June 2012

Sleeved Traits

There are certain things in life that you just grow out of, then there are other things that doesn't seem appropriate anymore after a certain age. Also there are some things that you stop doing after meeting someone or a certain life changing incident.
Many, I know got more religious and started giving all the bull crap that how great a certain religion or faith was over the other. Posting all the social activities that they carried out. Now, if you want to do something good and feel good about it, why the fuck advertise it to the whole world? Still pondering...

Being me, I never did get into any of those sort, and I don't see myself, based on current situations, to ever will. But I did put to an end on certain things. My life has mellowed down a lot, I prefer terming it as growing up since I'm not matured, but others define it as boring. Whatever it may be, I had my reasons for doing so and I have had no regrets letting them go.

Was chatting with a friend earlier when I started mentally listing the things I've given up since. It was a pretty long list that I could come up with in a surprisingly short time.
One took a hit on me when recalled. It was a situation that supported the notion of me wanting to just forget everything and get happy for a while. I ran through my phonebook and called the last person I thought I would ever be calling. 
Minutes later he came over still looking the same as before and passed me what smelled so familiar even after many years. A fresh pack. Since I don't have my house keys thanks to my brother, I drove to a secluded area, make sure the windows were up and started rolling the way I liked it best - fat and thick. Had a few puffs and the car began to get all smoky and I could feel my fingers curling up. A feeling that I've lost memory off. 
I could not even finish a joint as it was getting so bloody saturated in the car. It started reminding me of my uni days where we used to pass round a joint in the room and everyone got all high and doing stupid things - good old days. 

I was just embracing the moment and when it hit me. What the fuck am I doing! My Suzi now stinks and she is sure going in tomorrow for sterilization. The trip to the car wash is going to be hell.

Do old habits really die hard or it's just bad string of events that causes you to seek solace and run to the most deeply buried hidden secrets? It did feel good then, but I'm now nursing a bang in my head. It's post three and I should be sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment