Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Value of Silence

I'm just not in the mood today. 
For one, I've got a stupid headache since I woke up this morning, making studying for tomorrow's paper a worse uphill task when no one knows exactly what are the chapters that would be covered. 
In addition, while I was trying to nap this afternoon, my phone was ringing non-stop with people asking me stupid, and when I say stupid, I mean its fucking dumb right stupid questions! Like can't you go figure yourself?! 
Later, when I went for a jog I kind of tripped and just hurt myself, but it wasn't anything serious, thankfully. Though i would not have mind a fractured limb and some extended medical leave as I don't have to go back to work. And speaking about work, since when should you be pressured to make donations for people you never knew existed in the first place? I know i don't work in the main office, but at least show face a bit lah whenever I go down. Now, that when you want help, you indirectly apply pressure for help. This is so stupid, and the level of stupidity for this is the same as when you are forced to share for presents for so called colleagues for their birthdays or other stupid reasons. Like fuck off man! I don't give a rat's ass for my colleagues, you are nine to five only! Get it! It's a different story if we hang out after working hours, then there is more than a colleague relationship. But for those who don't fall in that category. Sorry, but this is how I function. Like it or not, live with it!

And yea, this is what got me to rant today actually, see, seasoning is used sparingly in any kind of cooking. They are generally used to enhance the flavor of the overall dish. And when you use too much of it, the overly present salt and pepper will tend to dominate thus spoiling the natural flavors of the main ingredient itself. To sum, it's used to complement, and not as a stand alone. 

So, at times, you say it best when you say nothing at all....




2 comments:

  1. like why suddenly the post becomes a culinary art? hahahhahaha, but the way you function, have to say, is just like one of my friends though, :P oh and fractured limb? it will get you extra holiday but wont get you good days to drag through cuz it will be hurtful!! :P take care buddy~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....lolz. i guess the pig in me never dies. i think of food all the time.

    ReplyDelete