Thursday 24 November 2011

Bastard Bitch

Respect is something that you should earn and not demand for, this is my thoughts to it ever since a kid. I've come across many people who always demand to be respected simply because they are elder which I completely disagree with. You actions and reactions portray who you are, it's your identity. Demanding for something that isn't rightfully yours and instilling fear constantly is what I perceive as blackmail.

Demanding for respect due to age, power and status is something very much in the norm in Asia, especially here in Malaysia. And, I found this to be true when I was doing some random reading on Hofstede and his theory. This is one country which has the highest level of power distance and this has since been displayed by a prick in my office.

He expects and demands people to respect, more like treat him like god, simply because of his position. Me on the other hand, with my personal views could not be bothered to give him a rats ass about what he expects. And this has led to much issues between us. Never would you instill fear in me nor would you be able to demand something that I'm not prepared to give you. I'd continue doing my work, under my scope, but nothing more and neither will I give you the respect you want because you don't deserve it.

The thing you failed to realize sitting in your position is dealing and interacting with people. Everyone has their own perception about matters to whom it'll most likely be defined as reality in his world. And for those who know me well enough, no one would disagree that I'm a stubborn person. I don't give in when I'm not wrong, and neither will I apologize for a mistake not done by me.

The prick has since very well known that he can't shake me, so now he has resorted to intimidating my staff - bad move dude. I will not keep quiet when anyone threatens or scolds my staff without talking to me first. They work with me, I care for their welfare. Do not step on them!

Now that you have decided to play with fire, I hope you have an insurance policy that is going to cover you against burns. Its either you or my team. May the best man win.

Do not forget, we're both in an American company, not a local one. This is my stronghold, not yours; you have a Japanese background, the rules are different mister.
Bring it on asshole, give me your best shot! 
Don't run when I strike back as there is no place that you can go to seek shelter.


3 comments:

  1. its getting hot in here.... *bitch fanning self hand gesture, eyes roll upwards, lips pouting making oooooo sound...* lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow naturally respect elders unless i deem them not worthy. Anyways, show that bitch who is boss!! ><!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tuls: lolz..huh somehow they rhyme, tuls n lolz...LOLz

    ck (calvin klien???): thanx for dropping by. i'm one asian dude with almost no asian values in me, so i've been told :s
    anyways, i don't mean to say that you should not respect elders, it's just not right for the elders to demand to be respected simply because they are older. i still stand by what i said, they should earn their respect. same goes when you have power and position. be humble, and people will respect you naturally.

    ReplyDelete