Wednesday 2 November 2011

Traffic Jam



I hate traffic jams. They make me stressed because I'm stuck in my car and I'm not moving; just sitting idle fumbling with my phone replying emails, occasional whatsapp conversation, BB messenger and getting older. But today, I discovered a new pain of being stuck in a traffic jam - the ultimate pain, I think.

As I was on my way back to office after an appointment with a client at her office, the jam was unusually bad for a weekday morning at ten plus. I was barely moving n inch a minute when my bladder decided to give a full capacity warning. Office wasn't too far away at that point of time, so I thought I could hold it back til I reached work. But as minutes passed, I wasn't moving in the jam and the pressure was getting stronger - damn!

Being me, I knew there was no point of even searching for an empty bottle in the car as nothing stays in it. Next up, I plugged in my gps and tried to locate the nearest petrol kiosk. This is how ignorant I am, I drive to work daily. Back and forth using the same road, but I've not taken notice of any nearby filling stations. I'm sure there will be a day when I'll be stranded low on fuel and would not where to find a filling station, therefore having to call my insurance company for help. To my discovery, there wasn't any kiosks nearby from where I was.


Anyways, since I had no spare bottles or a petrol kiosk nearby, not that there were any shops around the corner either, I had no choice other than to pull over and....


It was so embarrassing, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

I shall remember to have a spare bottle moving forward and find an alternate route to work. 


2 comments:

  1. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Try go to India and it's a norm there. It's not like you kill someone or rob or rape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin: I've been to India and yea it's quite a norm there but it still somehow feels weird to pee by the road side. Maybe it's just me...

    ReplyDelete