Friday 19 August 2011

Bak Kut Teh

It's Friday and the week has come to an end. For some reason, this week feels like it passed by extremely fast. I'm not too sure whether it was due to the holiday on Wednesday or I just had too many things to do with not enough of time.
A few of my friends decided that it was time for some catching up and sent me a pretty late invitation to join them for Bak Kut Teh. It was a tough choice to turn them down since I already had prior appointments. The pleasurable taste of food that is comforting was just too hard to resist. I had to make a few quick calls to reschedule the appointments to a later date; thankfully they weren't important.
And there I was, enjoying my own bowl of darkened clear broth will all the wonders of a comforting food sidelined with more yummy treats. The texture and the taste of the meat that literally melts in your mouth it just to die for. The sweet smelling and delightful taste of the broth somehow ignites your senses and makes you happier. All this make Bak Kut Teh in the list of very own comfort food. I'm a happy boy for now.



Not a bad start to a weekend, hope it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment