Thursday 4 August 2011

The Insecurities of Security

How often have taken  things for granted. Like our jobs being there as long we do our work. Or simply living until tomorrow. I, for one, have taken one too many things for granted off late. I guess it was just dealing with so many things thrown to me at one time.
Reality hit me today, and did it hit hard. Not only i was taken by surprise, the aftershocks were pretty damaging as well. A manager that I know was just released off today, without much of indications prior. It came as a big blow. To my knowledge, this guy is the sole bread winner in his household, has two kids and commitments. Gosh! What a news to receive at work, especially towards the weekend, or anytime for that matter.
Incidents like this, when witnessed first hand, somehow shakes you up a little and makes you rethink of your security as well. How we tend to oversee and slack off about the insecurity that co-exist within security itself. Time to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment