Saturday 20 August 2011

Accidents Gone Wrong

I tried very hard to erase the sight I witnessed yesterday morning on the way to work, but it seems to have failed big time. Not only that it's stuck in my head, but it somehow refreshed other scenes witnessed before. This had affected my mood adversely today.
When I was around ten, I vividly remember returning home from the market with my mother and we witnessed an accident whereby a car driver knocked an old man. And the poor old man was lying dead on the road. I've worked very hard to suppress this image, but it relived today.
The other image that came into mind was a hit and run accident where the motorcycle rider was lying dead on the road, again. And this happened when I was thirteen. What a sight as his body looked like it had many broken bones.
The third image came to mind was another accident I witnessed when I was sixteen. This was when a school mate who was driving, illegally, was hit by an oil tanker and he was cramped in his tiny little car and died on the spot. That was by far the worst sight thus far.
What I witnessed yesterday was by far the worst. Thankfully I did not see it happening, else I may end up seeing a therapist for god knows how long. The accident witnessed yesterday somehow involved a few cars, a motorbike and a trailer, if not wrong as i saw it parked, along the motorway that I use daily to work. Now, I have to say that the Malaysian government would win any award out there for designing the most fucked-up roads! They never fail to design roads that are hazardous, coupled with below average drainage, messy signboards, and the list could go on. I mean, it doesn't take rocket science to build a safe road, just some common sense. But not to divert, I need this off my system badly. Anyways, what I saw shook me off. There was the body of the motorcyclist there lying, covered with the black plastic. Not so bad right, since I've witnessed many of such? What got me was, his head was in the helmet, severed from the body, laying about three feet away, and I swear I saw bits and pieces of flesh spattered on the road. It was FUCK! I was shaking even in my car and my hands were trembling for the rest of the drive until I reached my office. Now, that is bad. The image is still so vivid in my mind. RIP to the victim, whoever he may be.
I already had issues sleeping last night, and I woke up grumpy this morning. I had hoped that I've filled my quota after what I witnessed yesterday, but no. Today, I witnessed another accident. This time around, the motorcycle was underneath a car. Thankfully though, there wasn't any body in the vicinity.
I can't take this no more. It's been too much. I need a drink now to help me sleep tonight. 
I'm going to hit the local pub for a few drinks. Hopefully, there are no more accidents tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment