Wednesday 14 December 2011

When Small Gets Large

Most of the people who meet me says that I desperately need more mass. Me on the other hand, thinks otherwise as I like the slender figure. Plus with the fact that I'm a small eater, I have successfully maintained my rather small built with the few exceptional cases of adding some holiday weight.  

Over the last couple of months, I have been very busy with work and juggling studying has taken up most of my lunch time. I could safely say that I only have lunch twice a week on average while breakfast is mostly limited to coffee over the counter. Left with only one meal a day which most often than not is salad, I've not realized how much this has affected me. Plus, with the regular jogs and not so regular working out, I'm burning most of the left over fat in me leaving just the leaner me behind...damn, I should be looking younger sooner.

I've come to realize off late that most of my pants were beginning to feel a little loose and some of the shirts weren't falling nicely anymore. I wasn't giving much attention to it, thinking its time to go shopping once more as the clothes are beginning to age. This morning however, while I was having breakfast with my uncle (one of those extremely rare and awkward occasions), he mentioned that my shirt looked extremely big for me and that it looked ugly. Sad, and knowing how vain I could be at times, I quickly hopped away to find me a mirror large enough to check me out and yes, I've shrunk! Unsatisfied, I went finding for a weighing scale to hop on it and I'm like fifty kilograms!

Buying new clothes is not a bad thing, but when you're already wearing S and it's too big, whats next? I was talking to a friend and he told me to check on the slim fit, body clinging cuts so I could fit the nicely, but I hate those - it's so yucky and looks a tad too feminine, in my opinion. But sigh, I guess I have not much of a choice; its either that or trying out kid sizes.


2 comments: