Monday 5 December 2011

After A Decade

Both my childhood friend and an ex-colleague called me in like forty seconds interval asking me where would I be freezing or basking my butt off this Christmas. It is normally the time of the year when I would get my leave approved in my previous company and also the best chance for all my mates to meet before we started working thus making holiday plans sound like a feasible idea though you have to bare with overpriced air fares, hotel rooms and families flying like herds of cattle heading home for the holidays.

When both asked me where was my destination this year and I said none in particular, they were both shocked in disbelief that I would finally be around for Christmas after ten long years. One immediately went like eh, can you please go somewhere ah? If you're around, I'd lose the bet lah...I can sponsor you somewhere near as long as it isn't over the amount bet. And I was like ....kanasai you flers, bet on me to not be around. Dunno how to plan to make me stay, but instead bet that I'd be away!

As I was driving to class after work, I was just thinking of what I should be doing this Christmas and New Year stretch - nothing came to mind. I am just not in the mood. I turned down my friend who asked me to go shop for a tree together for my place and have it decorated, I politely declined the other for a Christmas eve dinner after getting to know that there is money on stake about my presence during the holiday season. For some odd reason, I just don't feel the holiday season coming and I did not even bother to apply for leave. I am going to work until the twenty third and back to the office on the twenty seventh. I find it hard to believe that it's me doing this since I'd normally start planning my holidays as early as June. 

So here it is, I will most likely be spending Christmas alone doing nothing other than studying for my exams which would be around the corner. And, I'm not even feeling a tad sad about it. 
Something is so not right with me. Where's the spirit??
Oh wait, I just remembered, the Mrs called the other day and made it very clear that we're going on a holiday then. No wonder I've lost the holiday spirit.

I should have a holiday plan now, should't I....
But then again, I can't be mean towards him. And, the place he wants to go would be a nice spot to ogle and treat my eyes..LOLz

No comments:

Post a Comment