Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas Missings

Christmas this year didn't seem to get much of my attention - I don't know why. As far as my memory serves, it was the time of the year where I'd be looking forward to. I really have no idea what crawled into me this year that I've just lost the spark in me to celebrate Christmas.

The things I did NOT do this Christmas:
  1. setup my Christmas Tree
  2. buy any gifts for anyone I know that has either stopped breathing or still is
  3. bother wishing anyone except for a very few limited people that I felt it'll be rude to not wish at all
  4. have any mince pies
  5. have even a single serving of eggnog
  6. catch up with close ones over hot chocolate and marshmallows
  7. do my annual charity contribution
  8. go on a holiday
  9. have Jace by my side
This is certainly going to be one Christmas that I'd want to forget over time, sooner rather than later. But despite all the quietness, I did have a very nice Christmas eve dinner with some very close knits and the roasted turkey was, well, turkeylicious, as we unanimously decided on it. I also had a great time with two of my best friends over dinner last night. Followed by a nice chocolate brownie which I dug into like a pig and my favorite German beer accompanied by an interesting band. 

It was generally a good evening until I bumped into another friend that I recently got to know from uni later that evening and she told me that her boyfriend broke-up with her on Christmas day. 
What kind of a person would do that? But I did see the breaking up coming soon as she has somewhat shared some stories with me off late.

Anyways, I hope next year would be a better time for me and I don't feel so passion or even soulless for Christmas. 

2 comments: