Wednesday 21 December 2011

Fuck Relationships!

Getting into a relationship is nothing but preparing yourself for a heartbreak! 

It's just another piece of shit that would left you wet and cold under the rain at a point of time without fail

My brother called me this afternoon. From the tone of his voice, I knew that he wasn't well. And when I asked him if he was okay, he just said that he was down with a cold - bugger! must have been playing in the snow. He was anything but okay, from the voice you could have easily figured that he had been awake for long hours and prolly shedding a tear or two. 

I've not spoken to him for long over the phone. We do communicate and keep in touch, but it's limited to IM, Whatsapp and also the occasional test messages or even emails. But today, he gave me a call instead. The last I spoke to him was after my fallout with my mother last year and I knew since that things would be different between us as we had very different views about the whole situation. But today, I got my brother back. Though not the way I wanted it, but it was nice of him to call and talk, like how things used to be before the whole fiasco with my mother.

After some pep talk and sorting out what was needed, he just started opening up. He had known his girlfriend for seventeen fucking years now and they have been going out for almost fifteen years. They have been in fact living together for about ten years.Over time, like in any other relationship, there had been up and downs but things were always worked out in a civilized manner. Back in 2007, when I was backpacking Western Europe and had England as my final league to spend time with them before returning to Malaysia, I found out that she was cheating on him. I did try to let him know about it, but he refused to hear anything that I had to say. It went to a stage where i told him that she was in only for his money and nothing else, but my brother just wouldn't listen and things got ugly between us for a while. And since I did not want to lose him as a brother, I did apologize though it wasn't a sincere one.

Anyways, when he called me earlier, he told me that she has told him that there isn't anything left between them anymore and she moved out. She is now seeing  a 25 year old guy, someone who is approximately 10 years younger then her. I know the whole age is a number crap, but seriously, how the fuck is this going to work? I knew what I was thinking about daily when I was 25.

Consoling my brother is one thing, though the roots is so deep, but things could be worked out. The bigger challenge I have now is he will tell this to my mother. And she would take this over with her boyfriend (maybe husband now, I do not know) and he is the culprit for the whole thing. I know this for a fact, but I can't make my brother see things from my point of view. Our age gap is too far apart and we view things differently.

Thankfully I'm on leave next week. I now need to try to get tickets and go spend Christmas with him. He doesn't deserve to be alone. Not at this time of the year. I hope  my winter clothes still fit and there are tickets available though it's going to be sky high.

2 comments: