Thursday 29 December 2011

Reflections

It's the time of the year when people start talking about the resolution they plan to embark upon the following year. Everyone you meet or talk to would not fail to pop the question at one point of the conversation. But for me, I don't set resolutions, I prefer reflecting the year at the end of it, see what I've done differently and what can I do differently for the next.

As far as 2011 gets in account, it has been a year with quite a few number of firsts for me. This year marks the first time I
  • ever read a blog and started it myself
  • traveled to a country I've never been before with a partner
  • bothered to know who lives next to me
  • did not get drunk in a club
  • ever went grocery shopping
  • woke up so early in the morning to be late
  • did not do a domestic route with MH; been an AK boy
  • learned the joys of cheating in a game of Monopoly
  • spent so many days working in KL in a year (sucks)
  • never got a parking ticket
  • didn't play practical jokes on anyone I know
The year had also been pretty good mix of highs and lows. I took the biggest hit in November when I had a mini emotional break-down, traveled the least and spent Christmas in Malaysia after a decade. 
On the plus side, my collection of die-cast models grew very well which got good money flowing out, met quite a healthy number of interesting people with some really amazing conversations. In addition, I also went back to school this year after quite a long gap and that has been keeping my last quarter of this year really busy.

I also started reporting to a new manager who has challenged me to a game of chess and I did figure out the cancer cell at my workplace - time to get some chemo action. Job stability and satisfaction has been a roller-coaster ride all year long, so as the personal life. This year also called for a lot of movies in the cinema and many nights of drinks and laughter with close buddies.

The presence of my godson has given me a different perspective on many things in life while the mrs., well, is still the missus.

To sum, it's been an average year with its equally share of sunny and rainy days. One of the things that I'm most pleased is that I fell sick only twice throughout the year and I got back being healthy and my stamina has increased very well for someone who has neglected his health and smokes quite a fair bit.

I wish for better times ahead next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment