Monday 9 July 2012

The Manganiyar Seduction

I went for this show last night after rushing all the way back from KL not knowing how many tickets I collected along the way. The one thing I can safely deduce about Malaysian drivers is that a whole host of them are such numskulls that they fucking fail to understand that the right lane is not for you to take a leisure cruise on the motorway. 
I drive fast, I admit. But I'm not reckless or dangerous on the roads. I know my car and its limits and the only traffic rule that I choose to not bother adhering to is the bloody ridiculous speed limit. 
It's gotten so stupid that it's beginning to feel like it's a cheap tactic by the current government to generate more revenue from the motorist to sustain the expenditure of the current government which seems to be looking more desperate each day in fishing for votes on the upcoming elections.
In any event, thanks to the numskulls who drive like retards on the right lane, I at least didn't fall asleep cruising along.
After a quick shower upon reaching home, I rushed to catch The Manganiyar Seduction which was held in conjunction with the Georgetown Festival. It was a real shame that there wasn't enough publicity with regards to this event as I myself almost missed it if not for being stranded in the rain earlier last week. 
The show was held over the weekend, where Friday was the inaugural performance here and last night was the closing show. The upside was that I managed to secure good seats since many weren't aware or simply not interested.
The show itself was mind blowing. I honestly have no idea if it was a musical, theater, an installation, contemporary or traditional. It was simply awesome as theater was used to create magic in music. The effect was great as it was well coordinated and you could not predict what was coming next. 
I wished there was another chance for me to witness the magic it brought once more. 
And during the show, I managed to get answer as to why the two of us didn't work out. Such an odd situation for clarity.


Its no wonder they have traveled the world. Simply Amazing

4 comments:

  1. okayyy...that video was simply amazing..my goosebump wont go away..huhu XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. those who drives slow on right lane shall drive in US or China or the rest of europe [deduct UK]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they'd prolly drive on the left then. Some people are just born idiots!

      Delete