Monday 30 July 2012

Accepting Reality

So I got my results late last week and I'm trying very hard to not think about it. The results from this semester is so bad that I'd classify it as " as good as failing". However, the thought is still lingering and I find it hard to accept it as I've never gotten such terrible grades before. 

I was talking with a friend over dinner about this and he suggested that I may consider putting the blame on someone else for such degrading results. I tried to think what could be the reason for me to blame it upon, but I could just not simply think of any.
I do know that I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I was going for my papers but I don't think I can blame him for choosing the exam period to end things between us. Ideally, I'd like to point fingers at my brother, but it isn't his fault either. 

It was my choices made then that caused this. The only thing to do now is to accept reality and work harder for my coming semester. The only consolation I have from my grades is that I don't have to see either of the lecturers from the previous semester again. 
It was one semester where nothing happened right and I had the perfect combination for a disaster to happen. I just am glad it's all over now and hopefully the coming one is better. I've decided to get my hands involved in juggling three papers and a full time job that wears me out daily. Let's see if I can push myself to new limits.

10 comments:

  1. Three papers!!!!like this ar, I will block out three night a week in my calendar to keep u awake or else u gonna dozed off in class later..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would be busier entertaining someone else k...:P

      Delete
  2. A full time job AND masters? Geez, wonder if I can juggle that in vet school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey...thanks for dropping by.
      i'm sure you could. besides working with animals is just so fun. if only i had that kind of brain power to study veterinary science.
      i always envy my vet whenever i bring my snoopster for his routine. maybe i should go work in a zoo; i'd be happier

      Delete
    2. yea you be it is! you don't need to study to be part of it. just volunteering to socialized with the animals is good enough. you can always volunteer in zoos, they do take in them. Who knows, maybe I can sneak you into one if I turn out to be a VO in some zoos next time xD

      Delete
    3. hahaha..that sounds like an idea. keep me posted and i'll try to fit my time in

      Delete
  3. You can't exactly blame it on him if he ended it like that.. I broke up during my exams.. Like right before papers on the next day.. But i somehow manage to score really really well.. Its just luck to me i guess..
    Only one semester, next one will be greater. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming him and will never do so.
      i just love him too much for that and it isn't his fault in any way. it's unfortunate he didn't feel the same for me.

      Delete
  4. though i assume ending a relationship on a important day is a great factor, blaming on others wont change anything, so kudos to ya for striving to change yourself.
    X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not blaming anyone other myself for what has happened. i got distracted, that's what went wrong; i should have been more focused.

      Delete