Monday 2 July 2012

Farewells

Over the last couple of months, I've been constantly getting messages from close friends leaving. Like why must everyone suddenly decide to leave and that too in such notice? I could so not handle this kind of drama. It's bad enough that I'm not fully back on track and when all these close people start breaking the news, it just sucks me further into a depressed more.

It all started in may when a close friend told me that he'll be leaving to Singapore end of the month for work. I knew it was in the pipeline but I was still upset as I was not in town when he was leaving and I wont be around when he is coming back next month. My only hope now to meet him is during the race, but there is so distant and I'm not used to not catching up with him for such long periods of time.

Another close buddy is leaving to Germany within the next couple of weeks. I hope I get to catch up with him before he leaves as I'd be down in KL later this week. 
The missus called me yesterday afternoon and broke the news that he got an offer in China and will be leaving at the end of this month. As much as he riles me up every time without fail, I'm gonna miss him a lot once he's gone. Meeting up with him as well is going to be real difficult. It'll be like during the time when I was in the UK and he was here and he went there just when I got back here. Life sucks!

Just when I thought three was bad, another friend informed me earlier over lunch that she got a job offer in Bangkok and is leaving too. The job would base her in there but she'd be spending most of her time in Australia and New Zealand. 

No doubt, I'm happy for them all as they are getting out of this shit hole, but i'm just sad as these people are my close buddies and I'm having lesser of them with everyone going further. 
Feels like I'd soon be spending my weekends on Skype with these people rather than being able to hang out with them.

Maybe I should just reconsider the scholarship and study full time. But what about my grandmother. Aaaargh!

The bright side to this is that I have more places to go to with free lodging. Yea, I can live with that thought for the time being.

4 comments:

  1. Time to make new friends =D

    Yep, free lodging, thats a great idea =)

    provided you dont snore lah and they dont kick you out =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh..i don't snore k.
      me silent sleeper, like sniper..oh fuck, what am i crapping. but bottom line is i don't snore :)

      Delete
  2. yeah skype...u on ur skype like once a month only..u even forgot ur password sumore..haha =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oi...you have my msn, chat on whatsapp..sumore want to bising about i sign on to skype once a month. :P
      and, i have a password organizer now but i forgot the damn the password for it. stupid right?!

      Delete