Sunday 30 October 2011

I Should Have Known

At times, I really wonder why do I even bother  trying to be nice to anyone as it always comes back to bite me.  Maybe I'm a sucker after all.

Dear Uncle,

Thank you for your text message to me this morning, though I didn't appreciate my phone beeping at five in the morning, but it was still nice to receive a text from you; shows that you at least care - genuine or fake. As I was very much engrossed in my sleep, I decided to not read you message then.
See, I knew we have been keeping distance all these while, and both you and I know the reason very well - your wife. She does not like me and I do not like her, period. And since she controls you ( I do know about the abusive part as well) I'd rather keep my distance with you as it's better for both of us. I mean, I don't want to get involved in your happy marriage life.

I have to say, I was politely shocked earlier this month when you text-ed me for my birthday. I know that you can't call me as she (your wife) might peruse your phone bill and if my number were to appear in your statement, things wouldn't be as rosy for you. But anyways, thanks for the thoughts, it really meant something. You're at least better than your sister, which (I specifically choose which over whom which should be the correct way to address a person, but she deserves which) is my mother.

Driving you around last Sunday in Penang, was my social responsibility towards you. And besides, I was free so it didn't really bother me as much. I would have just been bumming at home anyways. And if my memory serves me well which it does, I have been this way all the time. I would lend a hand if I can, otherwise I'd just say so. I do not offer to help, if you need something from me, you ask. See, I'm not like others who suck up to people and be nice and later tell the entire world that they spent the entire day running errands for you. I hope you have noticed this, but I do not blame you if you haven't; many hasn't either. So, no worries there.

When I asked if you wanted to join me for a jog later that evening, it was pure courtesy. Honestly, I wasn't bothered if you were to follow me or not. It made no difference to me as I was going to go for my jog no matter what.

What I'm trying to let you know here is that I've never changed. I am who I am. I've been this person for ever. So, about your text message apologizing this morning, I don't see the reason for it. As I told you, I have nothing against you in particular but the only reason I distant myself from you is because of the bitch. Ooops..I mean your wife.

One thing you should know, I am not going to apologize to her or make the first move to try to talk to her. No way this is going to happen. Since she has been spreading rumors about me, it is only fair if she were to apologize and no, I not interested to be the bigger person. She has caused me enough of pain over the years for me to forget, let alone forgive. I do have vengeance you know. Most people can't stand it when I strike back, she is lucky that I have not done anything. And this is simply because you married her. But then again, if you didn't marry her, this wouldn't be an issue.

Your reply text message to me earlier is a clear testament that things will not change at all. Since we're both (your wife and I) stubborn people with too high ego and are at logger heads, I do not see this happening. Therefore, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your wish isn't going to come through. There will never be a reconciliation. And, you're wrong. I haven't change. I still am who I am.

About her being discipline with kids - screw it! If you want to enforce something on others, please make sure you're not in the wrong yourself first. Let me cite you an example. See, your wife is very rude herself to her mother-in law (i.e. your mother and my grandmother) and also to her late father-in-law (i.e. your late father and my late grandfather). As you may have very well known, I very much grew up with my grandparents and I would not tolerate anyone mocking or talking ill about them. And your wife is very much guilty here. So yea, the next time she talks about discipline, go ask her to look in the mirror. It doesn't lie.

Do you see my point here? If you need specific instances about my claim, please feel free to call me for a coffee talk. Anyways, much have been said for now. And next time, don't bother texting me. It will not change anything. I fully understand that you need to stand by your wife, but at the same time, please do not put the blame on me. I would very much appreciate if you could defend your nephew once in a while and say what is correct rather than what is right.

Lots of love,
Your Nephew

I'd so love to post this to his house and hope that the bitch reads it...Ah, what a bastard I am.

6 comments:

  1. how to say. its sorta a touching post but yet the way you wrote kinda made me laugh. dude, you are a bastard, XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watson: LOLz..I know right. And I was being very nice already, could be worse :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Is this some Hong Kong drama series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calvin: Hahahha...this is my life story. Can make money right? I'll hire you to be the music director for the background score :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Background music only? You have truly underestimated my ability, my friend. I can write out the whole script. Urgh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea..I forgot that you do script writing too. Let's strike a deal when I'm in KL and we'll then look for a production house :)

    ReplyDelete