Wednesday 12 October 2011

Drowning...

Having a full time job that has a choker on you 24/7 and studying part time is just the perfect recipe to be driven to the point of insanity.
It's already mid-week and I still have so much to do. I have so many dead lines and 24 hours a day doesn't seem enough. First, I had a group presentation on Monday evening. Despite informing all the team member to get things done early, everything was kept to the last minute. And whilst doing the compilation of the case study, I realized that almost everything wasn't relevant and most of the important facts were not included. Being someone who is almost a sore loser (I can't believe I'm admitting this), I just had to redo the entire case study on Monday itself, prepare the slides and emailed it to the lecturer. What I didn't anticipate was that some of the egoistic group members would get offended that I altered some of the information provided and corrected the spelling errors on the slides. Such bitches!
Since Monday was spent on last minute completion of my presentation and that I was worn out after class, Tuesday was a day to catch up on Monday's unfinished work. Sorting out work flows, negotiating agreements and working on proposal just drained me. I got exhausted by the time I got home that I did not even have the energy to sweat out. A strong mix of Bombay Sapphire and my bed was too hard to resist. I had to abandon my research online and dug into the comfort of my bed.
Waking up this morning for work was just so difficult. I had to drag myself out of bed to get ready for work. It was another day sorting things out with even more contract negotiations and process flows and costing to sort out. Everything with a deadline tomorrow. I was trying so hard to complete all my things that when I actually realized that I haven't had my lunch was at 7.00pm.
It's now time to continue researching for my next assignment and studying. I hope I can wake up tomorrow morning. It's going to be another hectic day followed by an even busier Friday. And no, the weekend hasn't started just yet for me as I've got to do a day trip to Kl on Saturday. Time to get busy :(

3 comments:

  1. gosh, this post is so relating to my situation here. practically feeling like 24/7 is just not enough at all. practically asking my friends around that can spare me their free time, T.T

    i'm being chased by tutorials, assignments, tests, quizes and midterms and i dont even have a clue that what had the lecturers taught!!! oh well, time to die, T.Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden: Thanks for the thoughts, luck isn't on my side at the moment :(

    Watson: It sucks doesn't it. Not having a clue on what lectures lecture is something that reminded me of my undergrad days. LOLz to it! Don't worry, you'd somehow be able to answer the questions :)

    ReplyDelete