Tuesday 11 October 2011

Friends

At times, I just sit and and wonder of all the people I've come across. I've spoken to more people than what's met the eye. I've gotten in and out of relationships, all the various kinds of relationships. I am a quiet person, which probably explains me not being out every night. My circle of friends are very limited. And when I say very, it really means very limited.
I do not call everyone I know as a friend, you have to impact me somewhat before you become my friend. Along the years, people have come and gone. Many passed by, only a few retained. At a point, when I was a teenager I started thinking if there was a problem within myself, but I just let it go. Not bothering much about it.
Today, I realized one thing. That the very few people I have within my circle, there are my true friends. We may not talk to each other daily, miss birthday wishes etc. But one thing is for sure, when you're down, there are there for you. Making time to listen to you rant silly, lend you a shoulder when you need to rest your head and wipe your tears when your eyes shed them.
I have been on near and distant holiday trips with my friends and they are some of the best times of my life. All the fun, silly jokes, laughter and running after planes whilst negotiating with cabbies to drive as fast they can so that you don't miss that connecting flight. All those are memories that I'll cherish forever.
What provoked me to think about all my friends and how glad I am to have them as my friends was an accident stumble upon a blog about someone who said he was lonely and always feels like he's an outsider. My message to you, don't try to fit it. Just be yourself and those who accept you are your true friends. You may not have met them yet, but you will soon. And those are the people who'd be close to your heart forever. Never seek approval to be a friend of someone, the friendship will just happen. There are many 'bastards & bitches' out there, but despite all that, there are as many, if not more nice people around. Just be tentative and you'd find your best friend in the least place you expect. They'd come in any shape, size and form. I know I can't be any happier to have my friends as my friends for there are the people I bonded voluntarily and not forced.
I love you all!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh. I'm honored. Haha

    What you've said is what everyone says. And I'm still waiting I guess for that friend or group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just be yourself, that's the most important thing :)

    hey dude, really dont have much time to go online lately, but will definitely update things with ya whenever i can :) take care, smile and less nicotin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiden: thanks for stopping by; it's amazing where google can land you when you're searching for something. You will find your circle soon. In the mean time, you're welcome to drop by anytime and leave your print. :)

    Watson: spot on bro! Me too, I don't even have time to rant on and bottling up is so not fun! The nicotine has lessen so as the jog distance increased. I'd soon be able to race you up Mt. KK. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_O

    I'm curious to know what you searched for now. Hahaha

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aiden: That's for me to know and you to figure you :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aiden: Chat me up for fun..Lolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. msn? pageseventeen17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i added you aiden!! :) lol.

    harlo kevin, stalking your blog.. lol.. i like how you express yourself with tulisan which i cant really do at all.. that explains the rojak manglish i write.. lol.. see you around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tuls: thanks for dropping by. you're not stalking, i'm on public domain... haha...my english is also all over the place and my scribbles are very much emotion based. at times, can be pure anger, frustration, flirt, commercial ready language, emo and also absolute craziness and not to forget sarcasm... i've never mastered manglish, not at that level yet, i'm still at elementary level.LOLz

    ReplyDelete
  10. modestnyer yaallah... bagus bagus.. keep writing ok!! muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. keep bitching you mean...lolz

    ReplyDelete