Thursday 13 October 2011

The Fall

If I were to bank in on luck, I'm for sure screwed. Today was a disaster!

I was so dizzy upon waking up that I could barely get off my bed. I felt like everything around me was spinning so hard in a centrifuge. Crap! Not a good sign.

Since I could not get up, I told myself that I'll catch some much deserved rest and work from home. Less stress, no one will interrupt in the office. Boy, was I wrong. My phone started ringing sharp at 9 none stop. Why must there be so many issues to solve on a day when my deadlines are to be met and I'm falling down like the Roman empire. Basically, I spent the entire morning hours solving issues upon issues. And, when I finally thought it's all done, my IM starts blinking. My course mate was finding me to help draft a politically correct email to be sent out.

After helping her sort that, it was already passed midday and I haven't started working on anything that has today as the due date. The rest of the afternoon was spent on the telephone negotiating with almost everyone while replying emails and also working on projects. Somehow, after all the drama, I managed to complete everything and it was already half seven in the evening. So much for wanting a slightly relaxed day!

Tomorrow is going to be another hectic day but at least I know for a fact that I'm going to get myself knocked out after work with a couple of friends and lots of drinks. My phone is still beeping with incoming emails as I rant here :(

Time to get dinner, sit back and watch a movie for now. I really feel like I need a shout out and I better break this crazy routine before it gets worse. A fully sponsored holiday would be good too!

2 comments:

  1. you should get an off day from your boss, dude! later you are overworked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watson: A holiday is more like it..LOLz

    ReplyDelete