Thursday 8 March 2012

Pre-Stone Age

I managed to finish work early today and since the skies were perfectly grey, I told myself to just head home and not detour anywhere as I normally do most of the time. I was beginning to feel bored barely five minutes after reaching home. So, I decided to go down to gym at  my place since I was just too lazy to drive out to the gym. 

This would be my first time actually walking into the gym in my apartment though I've been living here for close to four years now. Not too bad as I thought the first time would be around the five year mark when I'm trying to sell this place for something bigger; the much needed space to house all the clutter I collect from my travels and five minute insanity streaks over on Ebay.
Anyways, here I am walking into the gym for the first time and the sight was a shocker, there were only two treadmills of which one wasn't working and the order looking like it was going to spoil anytime soon itself. Two disgusting looking bicycles, like how could anyone use them, the dirtiest public toilets you can find in downtown Kuala Lumpur somehow feels cleaner and newer. And there was this other machine which I had no idea what the hell it was as I've never seen anything like it before, maybe it was something used pre-Flinstones. Thankfully there were some weights that looked decent and not fall apart when you tried to lift them.

Somehow, I managed to break a sweat there and also did a 5km run on the mill and rushed out of the place gasping for air as it gets quite stuffy. I so appreciate my gym membership now and I don't ever see myself going back, not even when I have potential buyers for my apartment when it's up for sale in the future. A strong worded letter to the management is required, nevertheless, which I shall draft when my manager pisses me off, and I'm sure it won't be later than after lunch tomorrow.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is around though I wouldn't be getting much of a weekend. My childhood friend called me earlier this afternoon and asked me to accompany her with her two kids for the Disney On Ice show tomorrow evening. I'm not sure now if I'm looking forward for the show or being able to team up with the boys and drive their mother crazy. 
Teaming up with the boys would certainly be more fun, and these are my rare chances of being able to spoil kids, so I shall make full use of the chance available.


10 comments:

  1. hahahahhahaa...i'm sure the mother will regret her decision to invite u to come along xD just dont spoil them too much..hahahhaha =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..i didnt spoil them; only bought each a plastic sword for 45 fucking ringgit and we started sword fighting in the middle of the crowded arena. and some stupid kid dropped ice shavings drowned in colorful syrup on my brand new pair of timberland :((

      Delete
    2. awwwww, that's too bad..supposed been asian, u dont ask for compensation from the parent right =P hehehehe

      45 BUCKS!!!!what the heck..they ordained the sword with gold is it..haha

      Delete
    3. no lah..i dont blame the kid, but the parents really got no brains wan. what the fuck were they thinking when they left the small creature unattended with an overfilled cup of ice shavings. making babies is one, raising them is another.most fail here!

      Delete
  2. Apartment gyms.. Lol.. Mine has only one of each equipment. And the treadmill sounds like its gong to break anytime soon too.. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least the treadmill at my place didn't sound as bad, but it looked so disgusting. well they have two of each, bit only one works, so its tactically one of each only..lolz

      Delete
  3. Eeeek.... I hardly trust apartment gym unless the apartment is less than 5 years old

    Leo Nut, u hardly sleeping meh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my place is only 4, i guess u should bring the number down to say, 1 or 2 years tops. talk about bad maintenance!

      Delete
    2. Eeeeek.... only 4 years old and gone that bad oredi?

      Delete
    3. exactly! i'm planning to F the building manager this monday. im also now thinking of disposing my unit as i dont like the current management. they are a bunch of useless babis

      Delete