Saturday 10 March 2012

Post Test Blues

Today was the day that I was dreading the most; the medical check this morning and handing over my Bella to my sister. I could not sleep at all last night; was literally tossing and turning on my bed all night long. 

This is how my day practically started with the reminder stuck on my refrigerator held by a magnet.


It's supposed to be a full medical test and I opted to include a HIV screening to just to give me that extra peace of mind, but coming to think about it, it is nothing close to having a peace of mind. The anxiety of knowing that I have to wait for the lab results is just killing me from within. I'm now not sure if all those needles and blood or the test results was the bigger fear factor.

So, after a long time of sitting on my couch and reflecting of god knows what, I pulled myself up and got ready and went out to go for my test and then to KL to meet my sister. At the hospital, I had to go through all the stupid routine and finally I was able to meet the doctor where he was so eagerly waiting to draw my blood. And I swear that the effing syringe was so huge that you could have enough barbiturate in it to sedate an elephant - okay lah, maybe a little over exaggerating, but it was huge nonetheless. The doc sucked so much of blood off me, that it felt like eternity...


I immediately rushed out of the hospital as soon as it was completed and decided to drive away. Along the journey, I could not but help thinking what would the result be like.  The is a 50-50 chance for it to be either way. 


How will it be like if I'm tested positive? What are the things that would change? I'm sure my lifestyle would be effected, but to what degree. How would people who are close to me react? Would my friends start avoiding me as I'm now as good as being poisonous. All these questions were jump pouring into my head at speeds faster than the water falling from the top of Niagara. It is just too much to handle.

The only way I could stop thinking of  it was by stepping on the accelerator and driving like a crazy freak. I called my sister and told her that I'll be get there, fetch her and go to the airport and asked her to book me a flight back to Penang instead of the original plan of staying over and only returning back tomorrow with another friend.

I still can't get it out of my mind, the anxiety is killing me. I am just going to go out for a drink by myself and watch the world pass by. Hopefully I can have a good sleep later to get this off my mind for now until the results are out...

10 comments:

  1. No matter what the result is, certain things will remain..kevin will always be kevin or if according to malimo, potato head =) just chill and relax for now

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup...kevin will always be the bastard he is. and potato head is exclusive ya :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went to blood bank every month to give blood or specifically, plasma la =D I'm a good boy xD hahaha

    like ppl say, bitch be bitch ^^ hahahaha...i'm always curious how that name surfaced. =P hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 questions:
    1. I thought you can't donate blood on a monthly basis and there is only a certain amount of time you can donate in year or so.
    2. I was told the last time that you cannot donate if you're involved in homosexual activities...confused :S.

    Potato head? you've got to ask mOnkeybOy why he named me that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. u cant donate blood every month, only every 5 months but u can donate plasma every 2 weeks..it is one of the components of blood solution..maybe u can google bout it..im not good at explaining..haha
      2. not really cant..im not sure what the rule in malaysia but for oz, u cant donate blood if had been in sexual intercourse with man in previous 12 months, not totally ban.

      then i ask u bout him..why monkey?haha

      Delete
    2. ah..i didnt know that you can donate ur plasma seperately;learned something new :) but by donating plasma, u don't qualify to become a vampire lah..LOLz
      i'm not very sure abt the rules here myself, i don't donate blood as the thought n sight is enough to make me go jello.

      y monkey? coz he's cute and adorable like one. and doesnt sit still either; constanly on the move. but the former has more bearing..hehe

      Delete
  5. yeah, it is quite cool...they suck ur blood 1st, then process it, take plasma out and return the blood back into ur body, all by one machine..it feel a bit cold when the blood return into circulation..hahahaha =P

    u sure the former one better for him??think the latter suit him more =P hahaha...so many nicknames he got..hoho

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy crap..you watch ur blood getting sucked out and then pumped in again, thats like performing liposuction on a potato and and reversing the process again. if ever i were to attempt it, im quite sure i'll be in the ER the next minute.

    despite the monkey-ness in him, i still have my reasons why the former suits him better..lolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahhaha..it is quite fun...u should try it though it takes heck longer than normal blood donation..take around 30 minutes and around 3-4 cycles of sucking blood, process and return back..hehe xD

    so there are confidential reasons =P then i wont ask any details..might as well ask him directly xD hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll take your word for it and give it a miss :)

      haha...there isn't any confidential reasons, you could ask him; i doubt he even remembers how it even got started, let alone the reason..he'd prolly just say that i'm a nut case...lolz

      Delete