Wednesday 7 March 2012

Bye Bye Bella

I had been toying with the idea of finding a new home for my weekend playmate, Bella, for some time now. There were a few offers that came along the way after I came back from the UK, but since I was kinda pre-occupied, I just shrugged most of the offers away by giving the potential buyers a real cold shoulder.

When I was in Singapore last weekend, I was discussing this matter over with a friend of mine on the prospect of maintaining two cars for which one is hardly used most of the time. It does make a logical sense to let her go as it'll help me save some moolah and channel the funds from there to better use - going for more trips. I can smell Egypt around the corner - woohoo!

And so, I told myself that I'll put her up for sale this week once I've sorted out the compensation package with my future employer. As I was drafting the ad to find her a new home earlier this evening, my sister gave me a call. 
After spending what felt like hours catching up with her, she did express intend to buy herself a car now that she broke up with her boyfriend thus loosing the free rides. That's when I just offered her my Bella instead for which she said yes without a hesitant. I am now in a mix feel mode, I'm sad that my Bella will soon be gone but at the same time I'm happy that she will be going to my sister, so I still stand a chance to take her for a spin once in a while or hit the pedal to the metal along the expressway and smoke some rubber and annoy many wankers who drive so fucking slow on the right lane and hog the road as if it belong to their grandfathers.

In any event, I will be driving her down to KL this weekend to pass her together with the ownership details to my sister for her to do a ownership transfer. As this could potentially be my last chance to smoke some rubber and enjoy the handling of the 147 for a long time, I shall fully enjoy the sheer driving pleasure by the Italian make.

After the weekend, I'll officially be owning only one car, my Suzi.
With that thought in mind, I'm now thinking of what should now be my secondary ride. Another Alfa Romeo, or a Golf GTI or the Mini Cooper...

No comments:

Post a Comment