Friday 16 March 2012

Expensive Bastard

So I was talking to mOnkeybOy the other day, asking him about a particular brand of shoes that I saw which was dirt cheap. Along the conversation, it was established that I'm brand conscious whore who is sucked into the whole branded stuff shit. I guess I'm a victim of my own profession.

Not satisfied, I went home that day after work and was rummaging my wardrobe trying to find something I own that didn't have a label on it. It was so depressing to know that I successfully failed there as I could not find anything without a freaking label. 
Feeling down, I tried to talk to another friend who only had to rub things in further by saying that some of the things I own, could actually feed a few families for a couple of months somewhere in Africa. Buggers!

This got me thinking if I should like auction off some of my watches, the many pairs of shoes, suits that I choose to no longer wear. Probably donate all those shirts, t-shirts, pants - but what for, it's not like it would change anything. In fact, by not getting all these way over priced stuff that exploit and use cheap labour from some third world country, I do include Malaysia as a third world country as the politicians here are sub mediocre, many would be jobless and not have the capabilities to feed their families.
Likewise, I was having a conversation a while ago with a friend who tried persuading me to stop smoking, something I picked up after the Jace saga. And I was like,  if no one smokes anymore, what would happen to all the tobacco farmers and their families. They would all loose their source of income and those poor kids; they would be denied so much in life simply because their parent are jobless since no one wants to smoke anymore. As stupid as it sounds, it does make a certain valid point.

Anyways, going back to my obsession, I've decided to sell most of my watches on eBay. I've to now find the time to snap the pictures of, the watches, from my count, four Tag Heuer, three Tissot, three Oris, one Breitling and one Cartier. 
I got tired counting the pairs of shoes that I have, so I might as well just have like a yard sale or something and some have not even been worn before. 

Once, I've sold all of them, I can then, hopefully, afford the Patek Philippe or Panerai that I've got my eyes set on. Or, I wouldn't mind receiving it as a birthday gift too

11 comments:

  1. what the hell...why u need so many watches..time remain the same no matter what u wear =P hahahaha

    so in the end, just getting rid of old stuff to make way for even more expensive things xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one for each time zone...LOLz

      yup, you know me well... :P

      Delete
  2. Interested in your Tag, Breitling and Cartier. Mind telling the model?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha....

    1. there is nothing wrong with buying brands as long as you can afford it

    2. not buying brands not gonna do anything to the people in Africa (unless u r buying blood diamond then you can stop modern slavery)

    3. looking Y&C doesn't always come with expensive price tag, it's OK to treat yourself with expensive stuffs once in a while

    4. If you quit smoking, those tobacco farmers will plant something else that they can sell and tobacco worker will go back to workforce in the farms or use their other skills like baking, sewing and do other professions, it's just one of those economy cycles in order to reduce jobless rate. They will not die from jobless, and they have more will power to work hard.

    5. I dun give a damn shit with the [top 50 forbes] billionaires who own the tobacco company if they gone bankrupt, because they have business diversity to rely on

    6. re-sell your expensive stuffs is your choice, but I don't think it is worth to do [the value loss you are making] as the stuffs comes with depreciation value

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I wouldn't mind to get your watch(es) as gift(s) :p

      Delete
    2. okay, i'm going to ignore most your point though i have something to rebut coz i'm just lazy, but to:
      #2 me don't do diamonds, so i'm kind to the africans, but i guess what my friend meant was the purchase value; it can feed many of them for a long time. i feel for the poverty,but hey, this is life. no one is equally rich, even in a communist country
      #3 Y&C is so yesterday, maturity and elegance is in the in thing for me now... :)
      #4 if I quit, which i'm working on, will not make a difference, it take the whole smokiing population to do so..hehe
      #6 my Tags are limited edition, so the fetch a price..woohoo!
      and, you buy me a patek and ..., i'll present you my watches,deal? :D

      Delete
  4. lol, the smoking part, so damn funny~ but Malomo made it clear; no tobacco, surely there are some other types of plants or whatsoever that they will rely on. so, your one action of not smoking won't kill them, hahahaha~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro, Malimo (though i think malomo suits him too ;) )is right, but what you witnessed is the part of me that talks crap whilst still sober trying desperately to not look bad...LOLz

      Delete
  5. wa....and i thought you want to sell the watches so you can feed those poor people at africa,didn't expected you want patek philippe@.@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm quite a self-centered bitch you know...hahahahaha

      Delete