Thursday 2 February 2012

London - Here I Come!



Decision made, tickets bought, leave applied, money to be changed, bags to pack and the countdown shall begin!

So yea, I made up my mind last night while I was tossing and turning in bed. For some reason I couldn't sleep, I guess its the freaking heat. Woke up at four, checked for tickets online, tried to get the best connecting flights and last minute deals. I should so not make travel plans at the eleventh hours. Tickets cost a bomb!

I'm flying off this Friday evening for the good entire February. I can't wait to runaway from everything and everyone here. I'm just so tired of fixing things on a daily basis and reporting to a manager who has the attention span of less than a five year old.

The weather in the UK looks welcoming with very low temperatures forecasted with a possible snow. Like how cool would that be? Snow on the day I land. It would be a nice payback for all the crappy Christmas I spent there without any snow. I'm only thinking of the thermal shock that I'm going to subject myself to; I guess it'll be a couple of days of frozen nipples. I'm also looking forward to Costa's coffee, I could finally get off Starbucks and Coffee Bean.

The sight of Bond St is already appearing in my eyes, the one street that makes me a happy boy but my wallet to cry. Harrods is so inviting as well. 
Aaargh! The temptations of retail therapy. Boy, am I gonna come back broke. And I love the local pubs too, some with their own brewery. Gosh, I'm beginning to drool already.

I'm planning for a road trip either with my brother or my friends, depends who is willing to go crazy with me. I just hope that the weather doesn't get fucked up too bad. I could still tolerate until -5, but not any lower. Since I do intend to go to Lake District  and Snowdonia national park in Northern Wales as well, what better way to move around then to splash some good dosh on a nice ride. This is what I've arranged for as my ride while I'm there and I so can't wait to get my hands behind the wheels...Woohoo!


On the other hand, despite all the excitement of going over and spending time with my brother and friends, a part of me does feel a little unhappy. 
This was the last place Jace and I spent Christmas back in 2009 together and it was the last time I met him as well. I just hope that old memories don't surface as it would not be pleasant to deal with and I don't want to think of him or the good times we had together. All the physical evidence have been destroyed but the thoughts still linger...

4 comments:

  1. have fun!! :) lake district is super fantastic this time around!! i havent been yet but my friend;s pictures make me yearn to go.. haha..

    remember... pictures when youre back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha....travelling with a camera is not my thing..lolz. prefer to take mental images and when they begin to fade a repeat trip is due..lolz

      Delete
  2. Good thing there's still ticket..if not, u gonna get stuck here..haha..ur leave still got approved even though this late u applied?wow ^^

    have fun and pamper urself to the max =) and please, no drama this friday at airport =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if not ticket, change destination only lah...haha
      actually my leave hasn't been approved, but im not bothered, going anyway.LOLz
      its an evening flight tmrw, so hopefully no drama..haha

      Delete