Tuesday 14 February 2012

Weirdly Fun

I've been travelling for slightly over a week now. And before coming over, I decided to not bring along my laptop and mobile phone. But really, who can live without a mobile nowadays, so I bent the rules slightly and decided to bring my personal mobile instead where I have very limited contacts there.

Many things have happened over the last week, much to not as planned but mostly turned out fine. Living  without being connected to the internet almost 24/7 felt really awkward initially, but I seem to be enjoying it more now. It actually feels better being disconnected rather than connected. When people can't really reach you, you have no idea what is happening and therefore not bothered as much. Life is much less stressful this way. I can sit in a cafe all morning enjoying my regular latte and watch the world pass by me and not feel a thing. I wished I had this much luxury back in Malaysia. I do miss the days while I was working in England, times were better and less stressful compared to working in Malaysia. I had a better work-life balance here compared to there.

Anyways, with the limited access I grant myself, I should make the fullest out of it to check my mails and let some people know my whereabouts just in case something goes wrong. I'm not going to rant much as I want to go out shortly. I've mat many friends over the week and bumped into someone I least expected to. It was some nice time spent together and I for sure have a clearer mind now. I've got to get going as I've got a dinner appointment with my brother in London for some Caribbean food and maybe some drinks thereafter . I'm really enjoying the limited internet access that I currently have and I think I should try to practise the same once back. 

On a totally different note, Apple suck. I've been using my brother's lappy to get on the internet and he has a MacBook Pro and I so don't like it. I don't find it to be user friendly at all. I still like my conventional lappy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment