Thursday 16 February 2012

In Loving Memory

It has been exactly two years since you made me take this decision. It was one of the thoughest decisions I had to make and it certainly wasn't easy on me. I spent days and nights after in tears thinking about you. All the memories that we had together since I was still a pimple-faced teenager to graduating high school, then uni getting my proper first job, break-ups, parting away while I was posted in foreign land and the super weird Skype calls and the list could go on.

I still remember when I was learning to drive and I got you in the car and you were literally thrown all over the place, yet you never complained a bit but instead gave me a face fully coated with your saliva and a wagging tail. You also never rat on me whenever I used to sneak out of the house at night and come back just before the brink of dawn. And there was once when I was sixteen and got home so drunk and you didn't want to let me in the house simply because mother was awake waiting for me, instead you made me take you for a walk at four in the morning looking like a lunatic and I was practically throwing up all over the place. You only wanted to go back after what felt like ages later, but I got a clear access into my room as mother decided to give up waiting on me, I guess. I also won't forget that you'd never eat your meals until I got home and had taken mine. Your breakfast used to be whatever you could pull off my plate and while you're dinner would actually be half of what I have. 

I do also remember that once when I was suppose to take care of you when no one was around and that I totally forgot to feed you for a couple of days, yet you never complained at all. You were just so quiet and behaved like nothing was wrong, still being by my side all the time. 
And how you were there right next to me after my first break up. I was crying all night long and you were just there sitting by my side all the while and licking my face while looking deep into my eyes, sharing the pain I was going through. The nights you were awake just to keep me company while I was studying; I miss that now so much.
Also the time after my surgery when I couldn't walk and you used to be just next to me all the time by my bed and bark for attention if I was winching or trying to get something.

The thoughts of how you used to get between the water hose every time I washed my car and get us both wet is only memories now. Or how you'd get me drenched every time I gave you your weekly bath. The trips to the vet was always a major challenge as you'd somehow figure out and not sit quietly in the car but behaved like an angel when I got my driver's license and deiced to do a day trip from the north to the south of the peninsular and back.

All the years that we grew together from the time I decided to get a cut in my allowance and bring you home from the streets you were roaming in 'til the day I had to make the call will be the memories I'd always treasure. There is no one who can replace you for you are my only angel and sexy babe. The crazy idea of having a Valentine's dinner the last time you were around, it wasn't a goodbye or parting dinner; it was a sincere and genuine one as I knew it then that you were the special someone I wanted to be with.

I hope you forgive me for all the mistakes I've done and hurt brought upon you. I truly loved you and the only reason I decided to make the call was because the vet said that you were undergoing a lot of pain and that the injection would end all you pain and you would would not feel a thing other than falling into a deep sleep.

Rest In Peace my love, for you'll always be in my heart. We'll meet again soon, in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about this. Don't feel too bad about because I'm sure he/she knows you do love and care. He/She is now at a better place where there is no more pain. Stay strong. He/She is now your angel from above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks calvin, i know she is in a better place now. i miss her dearly

      Delete
  2. Rest in peace for your love.

    ReplyDelete