Thursday 2 February 2012

The Toughest Call

I've got everything sorted out for my short trip. I made to make sure all the necessary arrangements were made, especially with the security company and making sure my alarm works, properly linked to my phone, and my friend who lives a couple of blocks away. 
This is Malaysia for you, the amount of break-ins to just so fucking high that I'm beginning to miss my days in Brunei where I used to just not bother locking my house doors. Yet the police claim that the crime rate is on a decline. I mean who are they fooling?

Anyways, I was having dinner with a couple of my friends earlier and one of them asked me if I've got everything sorted in such short time. To which I answered yes, I've most things done, I just pend packing my bags later in the evening and changing some cash in case of an emergency. Then she popped the most important question: have you informed your wife that you'd be away? And I was like Fuck! I totally forgot to inform him about it. It was such a last minute decision that I had to sort out many things before I leave.

I'm now thinking on how to break the news to him. Things could really get ugly with him especially since I now recall that he did tell me that he wanted to come over and spend some time since it's a long weekend and his birthday is around the corner too. I'm so screwed. I need to tell him this, but I just do not know how to break the news to him. To make things worse, he did tell me that he wanted to spend his birthday with me this year and asked me to throw him a party. 
I totally forgot about that and also that we were supposed to go for a trip after his birthday. I am now not going to be able to do all this. And worse, I've to tell this to him knowing how sensitive he becomes. 

Aaargh crap!

I'm going to have a smoke, muster some courage and give him a call. I hope he doesn't answer it though. It'll sure be a lot easier to just drop a text instead. But that would also be inviting trouble as there will sure be misunderstanding. I need to get this done and over with, else it'll haunt me :(


8 comments:

  1. When i saw ur title, thought ur company didnt approve ur leave but apparently, it is something more serious..

    one way or another, he will get angry..better get it done fast so that he will have longer period to curse u or be angry..then, just hope it will pass >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha....for the situation i'm in now, i could not be bothered whether my leave has been approved or not. i will just go regardless. :)
      he sure is..i just need to think on how to make it up to him..sigh

      Delete
  2. Why do you always get yourself into this kind of mess with your wife? Hahaha! Good luck! Regardless of how you deliver the news, he's gonna get upset anyway so choose your words wisely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wife: it explains it all doesnt it...thanks for the wishes. i tried to call him last night, but he didnt answer my call, and i saw a miss call this morning on my phone, i must have slept off when he called back.
      i have to think carefully of how im going to say, and im not really good with words, especially when it comes to him :(

      Delete
  3. hate tight spots like this. all the best man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..thanks man! saw that you're in bangkok. have fun! nice place to let loose :)

      Delete
  4. Diiiiiid you break the news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup...i did call him from KL while waiting for my transit flight. he was upset but he acted cool and asked me to take a break :)

      Delete