Monday 5 September 2011

Sunset

I don't really know why but since some random surfing yesterday afternoon, I've been having a recollection of one of my best sunset ever memories. This was while I was on board a Malaysian Airlines late evening flight from Kuala Lumpur to Penang en route from London on 22nd June 2004. It was once of the nicest sunsets I've ever seen, the view from the tiny window of the Boeing 737-300 was just breath taking.

I was never a person who admired sun sets and was always too lazy to wake up early enough to catch the sun rise, only except on a few days during uni when I used to study all night long. But that's a different story all together.

I do not know why, but on this evening, I just risen the shades from my seat and looked out. The spectrum of colours was better than what any artist could put onto a canvas from his palette. I just looked in awe. It was probably one of those moments when you just take a step back and admire the works of mother nature.

Funny, I never bothered to admire another sunset since, or even thought about it except since yesterday afternoon. Maybe this a tell sign for me to take a breather and admire the beautiful things around me. Appreciate the simplicity of life and not to run on the rat race that much. I can vividly picture the beauty of the sunset as I write this entry. I am going to make it a point to leave work on the dot tomorrow and take a drive on the bridge during sunset and try to capture another day ending. There might be a tunnel at the end of the journey, especially since I'm still thinking of him and I can't seem to block it out.

The mechanics of certain things just don't make sense in my tiny little head...

No comments:

Post a Comment