Tuesday 6 September 2011

Books Galore

Okay - a confession to make, this title is really misleading. It wasn't anything even close to a galore. Logos did disappointment me. I could not find most of the titles that I was looking for. In fact I could not find anything that got my interest except for a sponge bob sticker..haha!

I almost got it but, got a shock when I saw the price. RM 8 for a set of china made stickers that wouldn't even last on my fridge until the next time my god kids come over to my place.

Disappointed, I was walking up and down the entire display are trying to find something to get, but there was nothing avail. After about an hour of searching, I gave up and decided to just walk out. I walked passed the cashier and everyone was giving me the look like 'what the heck is this fler who has no interest in books doing in a book fair'. Okay, I'm pretty sensitive to how people project me though I don't give a damn to what they have to say. I mean, I hate people looking at me like a weirdo. In my defense, most of the books there were about Christianity of which I don't read as I always claim to be agnostic as I do NOT like to be branded. The other major market was focused around kids stuff. It was indeed a good strategy to focus on kids as they can generate quite a healthy amount of revenue nowadays from over pampering parents.

Anyways, after the disappointing main arena and passing through the cashier the all the snares, I came to the bargain area. This got my eyes widely open and smiling from end to end. Yea, I'm somewhat a bargain hunter but really a cheapskate all together. They were selling McGraw Hill books for like 3 books for RM 40.00. Now, how could anyone miss that right? I was so excited that I snapped up my three titles in less than five minutes.

So, what did I get? I got myself three books, each  one on Economics, Advance Business Statistics and Operations Management. YES! I'm sure these books will come in handy for my MBa. 

If only I'd known earlier, I would have just walked out upon entering and let the ship in five minutes. 
I'm a happy boy nevertheless. 

2 comments:

  1. i laughed hard when i saw the picture!

    but seriously McGraw Hill at RM40 for 3? That's awesome! I have so much in my list for reference reading, T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha..aren't they just so adorable?? :P
    the books are a bargain aren't they?? I saw some titles on chemistry too. you can share your list with me if you want and i can have a look for you if they are available. :)

    ReplyDelete