Saturday 3 September 2011

Never Stop Being A Man

The one thing I hate is people who like to beat around the bush and do not get to the point. I always believed in just being honest and telling whomever whatever it is.

I recently met a guy and online, and we had some chat sessions over IM. It was generally very nice conversations and there was some kind of connections as we could always just have a simple yet decent chats. Over time, the bond grew closer, as friends I mean, and somehow along the way mobile number were exchanged. We were than keeping in touch through text messages and on the occasional beat over IM.

As I was going to be around the area he lived last week, I did ask him if he wanted to meet over coffee and be able to put a face to the person whom I've been chatting with. And it was not liked we didn't know each other as there was a video call once before too. So, I felt like I could trust him and was okay for a mutual meet up. The maturity he portrayed throughout our conversations were off someone with a high intellectual capacity and with the ability to think wisely. And, we did discuss the option of meeting up too prior and both did agree that it would be nice.

The appointment was made, and I send him a text message the day before just to confirm. My text wasn't replied and I still had trust and faith in this guy and decided to give him the benefit of doubt. I did look forward to meeting him as I, in good faith, had thought that this would be the beginning of a long lasting friendship.

All of Monday morning I was waiting for him to contact me, but nothing came by. Lucky for me, work was chasing and since I had nothing better to do, it got me occupied. Finally, when I settled all the days calling, I decided to text him asking him what happened.

What really irked me off was the excuse he gave me which was so lame asking me who I am and reasoning the question by saying that he had lost my contact and did not have it in the replacement mobile. Fine that, But seriously dude, what were you thinking? We did have a mutual understanding of meeting on Monday morning which he suggested the time and when I asked, he could still afford to ask me who I am. That was so lame, and it didn't make much sense, any in fact, at all. Come one, I wasn't born yesterday.

After expressing my disappointment, he said he was sorry and that he had developed cold feet. I can understand that, even I myself get nervous at the prospect of meeting someone for the first time, but hey, there has to be some starting point right? And what irritated me most was that he said he did not know how to tell it to me and felt relieved that he lost my number. I appreciate the honesty about feeling relief when he lost number, but what saddens me is why didn't he just tell me initially that he wasn't prepared to meet. Just be truthful - is that too much to ask for?

Once this was cleared, he did ask me how were we going to go about after this incident and I simply told him that it was up to him. He then replied me saying that he'd love to keep in touch via IM and text messages which I acknowledged and did again express my interest once more to meet. The reason I wanted to meet him was because I'm the type of person who can't be friends with someone without seeing the person as I take my friends dearly. Not only was my text message never replied, but I have yet to hear from him until now.

I just hope that I do not loose him as a friend. Though we've never met, I regard him highly as he genuinely seemed like a very nice guy. If there was to be any kind of relationship between the two of us, I would have only treated him as a younger brother and nothing more. That's the amount of respect I have for him. I wish him luck and all the best in his future undertakings. And, please, just be honest; it's the best thing you can do to not hurt anyone. That's what makes you a man too, being able to be honest and not lying or avoiding. having a penis and a pair of testicles does not make you a man; never did, never will.

If you happen to read this, you are still regarded as my friend and as I mentioned, I was only disappointed but never was or am angry with you. Take care buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment