Monday 4 February 2013

Dinner with Dad

Dad called the other day when I was in Indonesia and I told him that I wasn't free and would get in touch with him once I'm available later. 

We went out for dinner earlier and the conversation wasn't much different from the norm. He would normally go on to ask how was work, studies and if I'm seeing anyone before trying to talk me into accepting his 'gift'. 
However, there was a slight change from the well prepared answers of mine since he did not try to even talk anything about the property.

As we were dining and talking he showed me the key to a new set of wheels. As I'm usually deliberately late for my meetings with him, I almost instantly knew what make and model it was since there was once parked right in front of the restaurant. It was drooling point since I've at one point thought of getting it, but that would have meant a major lifestyle change which is not really worth it, and silently hoping that he'll say that its for me. HAH!

Pretending to be stupid, this is how I made a fool out of myself in front of him

what did you get?
i know you saw it as you entered like how i know you've been frequenting to Jakarta off late. when would you start telling me what is really going on with you?
what do you mean?
why didn't you just tell me you're seeing someone there instead of brushing it off as a business trip.
are you stalking me?
you're eyes tell that you're happy; something that i've not noticed in you for long
you're being silly now. nothing of such, stop thinking too much
if that's the case, then i'd just keep the tt to myself
...
it was meant for you since you finally met someone that you really like a lot and are being so committed and i thought it called for a gift of growing up, but since there isn't anyone special in the equation, i'd just spin it around myself.

What the fuck did I do, I just screwed my chance of having a car given to me and it was a spanking brand new unit, I think.

Ah well, I still manage to keep up to my stand of not accepting anything from anyone. 

I'm still wondering though how did he manage to get the inside scoop about me frequenting to Indonesia and what do I do there. It has to either be my grandmother or brother. 
But I'm happy nonetheless that he has no issues when I showed him the picture of who is guilty behind the happy eyes, if they are any happy to begin with.

4 comments:

  1. This is hilarious.. but Im sure ya dad would be very proud and happy for you. Well, congrats in any way possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey..thanks for dropping by. yea, he is one person i could never truly understand

      Delete
  2. Dang, just be happy when he has no issues and get that freaking car keys in your pocket already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was pretty surprised since he didn't say anything when i showed him the picture. i may have answered differently had i known it was at stakes for me..lolz. but i still would not have accepted ti despite being tempted as i like owning what i can afford rather than being presented - it's just me.

      Delete